The Patient Activity will allow you to view a listing of the patient’s claim, Misc. debit, credit, statement, payment and summary activity. This includes data separation, information boundaries, and the ability to open claims, checks, and other sections directly from the activity listing. The patient’s claims activity is defaulted to list all of the claims, dates, totals, balances and current status of the claims.
Follow the instructions below to view and print your patient activity:
- Go to the Patient Section.
- Open the patient or search for the patient you wish to edit using the Search field or Advanced Search button.
- Click on the Activity tab.
- Select your search filters if applicable. Note: Leaving the search filter blank will search for all activity.
- Click on the View Activity button.
- Click on the Expand All button located at the bottom of the screen, to see a detailed listing of the activity data in expanded format.
- Click on the Collapse All button, to see a summary of the activity.
- Right click capabilities include:
- Track Claim: Right clicking on a CPT code will allow you to track the claim within Claim Tracking.
- View Charge History: Right clicking on a CPT code will allow you to view the changes made towards a charge.
- Track Payment: Right clicking on a insurance payment or patient payment will allow you to track the payment within Payment Tracking.
- Open Check: Right clicking on a insurance payment or an adjustment will allow you to open the check within the Payment section.
- Where did this come from? Right clicking on a patient credit will allow you to see where the credit originated.
- Print Receipt: Right clicking on a patient payment will allow you to print a patient receipt.
- Payment and Adjustment Breakdown: The Payment and Adjustment Breakdown table provides a high level overview of what has been collected by the patient, what has been collected from their insurance, and how much has been taken in as adjustments from the insurance. This table also shows how much has been applied from account credits on the patient's account; these will be shown as Transfers.
- Charge Balance Breakdown: Balance by Charge Status: The Balance by Charge Status table under the Charge Balance Breakdown summary provides a grand total of all outstanding charge balances by charge status. This allows users to quickly see at a glance where their outstanding balances are "sitting."
- Charge Balance Breakdown: Balance Due To: The Balance Due To table under the Charge Balance Breakdown summary provides a grand total of all outstanding charge balances based on the party (patient or insurance) that is responsible for paying. This table also allows users to easily see how available account credits, due patient and insurance, impact the total amount owed.
- Aging Balance Summary: The Aging Balance Summary tables provides an aging view of outstanding charges, separated by what is owed by the patient and what is owed by insurance. Users can easily change the way the outstanding amounts are bucketed by selecting the proper date (DOS, entered date, and last billed date) that best suits their office's workflows.